I don’t feel safe

We believe that all forms of bullying, harassment and violence are never okay.

We encourage everyone to SEE IT, SAY IT and ACT ON IT when dealing with instances of bullying, harassment and/or violence.



  • Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can call 999 (or 112 from a mobile).
  • Find a safe space. If an incident has just happened try and find somewhere you feel safe. If this isn’t possible and you are scared or fearful you can call campus security on 01970 622900.
  • Is it unacceptable behaviour? It might be useful to think about various definitions of unacceptable behaviours and how these behaviours are described. You can find various definitions of unacceptable behaviour on our Definitions page.


  • To friends or family. Talking things through with someone you can trust can sometimes help.
  • Student Support and Careers Service. An advisor can talk through the University’s procedures, how to make a complaint and what support is available, in confidence.
  • AberSU Advice Service. This is a free confidential and impartial service where an advisor can talk through what options are available and support you through any University procedures. This support includes checking draft complaints and attending any meetings with the University.


  • Students can reports an incident using the University’s Reporting system. You can choose to do this anonymously, as third party or by identifying yourself. If you provide us with your details you can choose to talk to an advisor who will be able to talk through the options and support available to you, in confidence.
  • University Procedures. If you choose to make a formal complaint to the University about a student or member of staff there are procedures which set out the steps you’ll need to follow.
  • Find out what support is available.
  • In cases of sexual assault Rape Crisis provides further information on supporting a survivor of sexual assault.

And where appropriate:

  • Reporting to the police.
  • Reporting the incident anonymously. You can call crime stoppers at any point on 0800 555 111 or use their online form.