AberSU RAG (Raise and Give) is a single fund which is raised largely by Sports Clubs, Societies and Volunteering Groups but in which anyone can get involved. The fund allows Aberystwyth students to come together to help fundraise for local and national causes.
AberSU RAG is a single fund which is split equally between three pots annually:
- The first is awarded to a UK Charity which is proposed and voted on by students at our Fresher’s Fair in September each year.
- The second is awarded to a Welsh Charity which is decided by our Full-Time Officer Team in August each year.
- The third is placed into a Community Fund and distributed to local charities in Mid-Wales by the form of grants.
In addition to this Sports Clubs and Societies passionate about specific causes can fundraise for their chosen charity, although we encourage all students to support the above RAG Fund. Already this year Aberystwyth students have supported the following organisations:
- The Wildlife Trust
- Mountain Rescue England and Wales
- Cardiomyothopy UK
- Multiple Scelerosis Society
- Feeding Dreams Cambodia
- Save Our Rivers
- North Wales Mountain Rescue Association
- RNLI (Royal National Lifeboat Institution)
- Brain Tumour Research UK
- National Deaf Children Society
- NewLink Wales
- Seren Wales
- Sophie Lancaster Foundation