This year, Sabina will focus on making the Union better for the future and making sure the student voice is heard.
The President is responsible for:
- Chairing the Board of Trustees and any relevant sub-groups where stated.
- Ensuring the Officer team regularly reviews key student issues and representational and political affairs in line with current membership.
- Ensuring all students are represented and not excluded from the AUSU.
- Developing and assessing the AUSU Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Chief Executive.
- Working with the Chief Executive Officers and AUSU’s senior management team to achieve and shape strategic aims and outcomes.
- Ensuring AUSU Members are represented on a national scale by coordinating dealings with NUS and NUS Wales.
- Positively promoting the work and objectives of AUSU by acting as the spokesperson of the Union to stakeholders and media.
- Attending appropriate University Committees.
Below you can find a list of priorities Sabina is working on this year as well as her current progress on them.