This year, Bayanda will focus on making the Union better for the future and ensuring the student voice is heard.
The President is responsible for:
- Chairing the Board of Trustees and any relevant sub-groups where stated.
- Ensuring the Officer team regularly reviews key student issues as well as representational and political affairs in line with current membership.
- Ensuring all students are represented and not excluded from AberSU.
- Developing and assessing the AberSU Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Chief Executive.
- Working with the Chief Executive, Officers and AberSU’s senior management team to achieve and shape strategic aims and outcomes.
- Ensuring AberSU members are represented on a national scale by coordinating dealings with NUS and NUS Wales.
- Positively promoting the work and objectives of AberSU by acting as the spokesperson of the Union to stakeholders and media.
- Attending appropriate University Committees.
Below you can find a list of priorities Bayanda is working on this year as well as their current progress on them.