If you don’t know, Superteams is THE must attend event of the year. Hosted by the Students’ Union, students organise themselves into teams of 10 and compete in a huge variety of activities and sports across the weekend. Prepare yourselves for banter, sweat and a lot of mud!
With events ranging from basketball to bleep test, football to obstacle courses, this weekend is most certainly not for the faint hearted. It is also an opportunity for those who aren’t involved with sports clubs to demonstrate their athletic abilities. Perhaps even get scouted! The only requirements are that you must be a current student at Aberystwyth University, you must have Team Aber Insurance, and you must be prepared to do anything for your team… No pressure!
Superteams 2020 will take place:
Womens: 14th to 16th February 2020
Men's: 21st - 23rd February 2020
- Register your team via the students union webpage from 9am on Friday 13th December 2019 to avoid disappointment – last year these sold out in SECONDS, so make sure you’ve prepared and have all of the information required first*
- Cost of entry is £195
- Teams will consist of 10 members (no more, no less)
- There is a maximum of 28 women’s entries and 28 men’s entries
- Each competitor will receive a #Superteams20 team t-shirt and free entry to the infamous ‘Superteams Aftermath’
- Points are awarded to teams according to what position they finish in each event
- There are 11 events in total including the ‘Mystery Event’**
- Each team will be required to ‘Joker’ one event (double their points) and ‘Drop’ one event (no points awarded)
- Teams cannot drop the ‘Mystery Event’ or the ‘Bleep Test’
- If your registration is accepted, Captains will be invited to a meeting the week prior to their weekend, where the Superteams schedule and rules and regulations will be explained and distributed.
For further information about the event, please contact:
Lucie Gwilt: Student Opportunities Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01970 621718
*When registering, you will need the following details at the ready: Team Name, Captain Details (Name, E-mail, Mobile), Competitor Details (Name, Student No., TimAber Insurance No.) and Joker / Drop Events. Please note that once registered, you will not be able to change your Team Name or Joker / Drop Events.
**The events will be: Swimming, Waterpolo, Bleep Test, Tug of War, Basketball, Dodgeball, Football, Gym Test, Relay, Campus Mile, Mystery Event.
Book your Team
At 9am on the date of registration (13.12.19) team spaces will be available to purchase HERE.
If you are not taking part in Superteams but would like to lend a helping hand, please contact your Opportunities Officer, Wojtek on email@example.com