Here are the questions we posed to the group:
- Why was the club/society set up?
- What inspired you to set up this club/society? // What inspired you to get involved?
- What are some of the club/society's highlights so far?
- What have you got planned for the new academic year?
- What has been the best part setting up a new club/society? // What has been the best part of getting involved with a new club/society?
- What did you find to be the biggest challenge when starting a new club/society? // What did you find to be the biggest challenge to getting involved with a new club/society?
- How can people keep up to date with your activities and get in touch with you?
Aber Improv: improvising, laughing and acting. Those three words describe perfectly what our society is about. Our society was set up because our President (Catrin) went on exchange to McGill University in Canada and joined McGill Improv. Catrin loved the dynamics of not having to learn a script but still having the opportunity to act and meet a bunch of likeminded comedic people, so she decided to bring Improvisation back to Aberystwyth, with the help of Marika (secretary) and Rhian (Welsh officer). So far, Aber Improv has been committed in providing two-hour weekly workshops for beginners as well as organising group socials, whether it be eating or the occasional drink too. After training really hard in the workshops throughout the year, Aber Improv put on its first show in aid of Arts 4 Dementia in March, raising an epic £84.
The biggest challenge we have faced thus far is getting an active member base, but after persevering we now have around 20 active members. The quarantine time has brought us even closer; we are still having two-hour workshops, but with a different take on improv. Members are coming together to create and teach their own classes, whether it be improv, yoga, games night or just appreciating our hand-made tie-dye hoodies.
If people would like to get involved with us check us out on...
Website: Improvisation Society
We will always be around on Thursdays from 6-8pm, either in person or online, so join us today for a super fun time and look out for a promotional video in Freshers, as well as more shows!
Has this inspired you to set up a club/society? Join us and become part of the #TeamAber Family! You only need 10 interested members to start.
For more information see…
Sports Clubs: https://www.abersu.co.uk/teamaber/sports/newclubs/