AberSU has a lot of societies to choose from, however, have you got an interest that you don't feel is currently being catered for?
Try starting your own society! Or check out the list of vacant societies down below.
With support every step of the way, we are always keen for new societies to join Team Aber. To get started fill in the “New Club/Society” form on the Team Aber Resource Hub.
For more information contact your Student Opportunities Officer, Wojtek (firstname.lastname@example.org) or visit us in the Opportunities Office.
What's the benefit of starting a Society with the Students' Union?
Being an Aber SU society means you can make the most of the following benefits:
- An annual slot at SU's Fresher’s Fair
- Space on www.abersu.co.uk to directly communicate with the student body
- Full time sabbatical officer and staff support to ensure all members have equal rights and opportunities
- You can apply for a development grant
- Access to campus-wide publicity for your society’s activities
- Advice on how to organise events, which companies to use, etc.
- Volunteer recognition and reward through AberSU celebrates
- Accredited training options: food handling, first aid, etc.
- Free skills training
- Free access to Union facilities
- Access to Union minibus hire
- Aber Bird Watch
- Aber Macmillan
- Anglican Society (AngSoc)
- Anything Goes Society
- Business & Careers Society
- Chinese Culture Society
- Circus Society
- Feminist Society
- Food Co-op
- French Society
- Fuerza Latina (Latin)
- Global Students Society
- Live Music Society
- Methodist Society
- Nature Society
- Organic Food Co-op
- Paintball Society
- Paranormal Society (Aberpara)
- Parents in Education
- Real Ale
- Travel & Tourism Society
- Union & Liberty