Starting a New Club?
Have you ever tried to join a Club, then realised it doesn't exist?
Have you got an interest that you don't feel the Students Union currently caters for?
Then try starting your own Club. Anyone can start any Club (unless it already exists or it's deemed too dangerous)
If you're interested in starting a new club, contact our Sports Coordinator Emily or visit us in the Opportunities Office.
What's the benefit of starting a Club with the Students' Union?
Being an Aber SU Club means you can make the most of the following benefits:
- A business address
- An annual slot at SU's Freshers Fair
- Space on www.abersu.co.uk with direct communication with the student body
- You can apply for a development grant
- Access to campus-wide publicity for your society’s activities
- Advice on how to organise trips, which companies to use etc
- Free access to Union meeting rooms,
- Access to Union Minibus and van hire
- Access to University Rooms
- Access to sporting facilities (not just on campus)
- Volunteer recognition and reward, including an Annual Awards Ceremony
- Free skills training
- Accredited training options: food handling, first aid
- Separate society bank account, professional financial advice & support
- Full time sabbatical officer and staff support
- Support to ensure all members have equal rights and opportunities