Last week we organised AberSU Money Week including a variety of activities to help student think about the importance of budgeting.
As part of this we created a Student Money Tree and asked for your top money saving tips, some of the most popular we copied below:
- Plan your meals whether cooking as a group or producing in bulk and freezing for the week.
- Remember the power of the student offers or discounts, things like the Mid Wales Travel Card can help you save money.
- Set a spending limit and stick to it, take cash out of your account always when needed and keep some aside for a rainy day.
- Make hot drinks in the morning before leaving, rather than buying it from outlets everyday.
- Try a sober night every once in a while or consider drinking in before going out.
- Check exchange rates regularly if you are an International Student to ensure you get the best rate on offer.