Last week we organised AberSU Money Week including a variety of activities to help student think about the importance of budgeting.
As part of this we created a Student Money Tree and asked for your top money saving tips, some of the most popular we copied below:
- Plan your meals whether cooking as a group or producing in bulk and freezing for the week.
- Remember the power of the student discount when out and buy a Totum Card to get the best savings.
- Make a budget and stick to it, take cash out of your account always when needed and keep some aside for a rainy day.
- Try a sober night every once in a while or consider drinking in before going out.
- Check exchange rates regularly if you are an International Student to ensure you get the best rate on offer.
As well as this, we also ran our own version of the Price is Right, where we asked you to guess the value of our supermarket shop’s to test your ability in predicting typical costs.
The result of this and winning guesses are as follow:
Basket 1 - Morrisons - Sokol Bardhi
Basket 2 - Tesco - Veronika Karsanova
Basket 3 - Iceland - Kieran Todd
All winners have been notified by email with details of how to collect their shopping prizes.