Welcome to the Club & Society COVID Centre!
Here you will find all the infromation you need to keep yourselves and your members safe.
If you are ever unsure, please contact the Opportuntites Team:
For all the information from the University about Covid-19 and other important updates, please see their Together in Aber page
Jump to a section
Current Rules, Regulations & Procedures
Activities are back! Student group activities are able to go ahead inline with the Welsh Governemnt guidelines. There are still going to be some restrictions in place so please ensure you take note of the following:
- All activities need to have an approved COVID-19 Risk Assessment in place and must be followed at all times
- The attendance checklist on your MS Teams must be completed for EVERY in-person activitiy (used for Track and Trace purposes)
- There are no legal restrictions on the number of people meeting indoors or outdoors, however venues/locations may still have limited capacity in line with their own risk assessment
- Face coverings remail compulsory in most indoor public places, and on public transport - but not in hospitality venues
- Non-household members are encouraged to keep 2m physical distancing (some venues may still require some form of physical distancing)
- Sports Clubs must follow their NGB Return to Play protocols
- Sports Centre facilities are open for sports clubs (see below)
- Members attending student group activities are encouraged to partake in AU’s twice weekly LFT testing scheme. Testing is arranged through the University, full details here.
We will be operating spot checks of student groups activities to ensure compliance. We will be enforcing a ZERO tolerance approach and so if a group is found to be operating outside of these set rules then an immediate suspension will be issued.
Back to the top
Covid Risk Assessments
For any student group to return to in-person activities they will need to complete a COVID-19 specific Risk Assessment for their core activities. The most up to date COVID-19 Risk Assessment template can be found on your groups Microsoft Teams. Once complete, please let Lucie know so she can sign it off (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Back to the top
We are now able to start accepting room bookings!
Student Union Rooms
For general enquiries or to book Union rooms email the Union Reception (email@example.com). The rooms available and associated capacities in brackets are:
- Main Room (dowload the booking form here) [78 when used as an activity space, or 500 when used as hospitality]
- Picture House (No bookings before 4pm and only bookings that fit the layout) 
- Meeting Rooms 1&4  + 2&3 
When booking please include the following details:
- Your club/society name
- The room you want
- The name and email of the person booking
- Date and times you want the room
- Your expected number of attendees
- The purpose of your booking (e.g. social, movie night, games night, etc.)
Bookings will be available between 9am and 11pm Mon-Sat, and between 11am and 11pm Sunday for this term.
All groups will be expected to follow the guidance outlined above and the SU Student Spaces COVID Risk Assessment
University rooms are now able to be booked, for a list of rooms available and their capacities click here.
These are organsied directly through the Sports Centre by contacting Jeff on firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If not part of the Free Hours scheme, all SC facility use will be charged at £20ph (Mon-Fri) and £30ph (Sat-Sun)
Equipment Storage: Presently the Sports Centre are not allowing clubs to make use of any shared storage facility in their buildings due to risks around Covid-19 transmission (this does not include the Monkey Huts or SU Storage Rooms) so please look for alternative measures for keeping hold of your equipment for the time being
Back to the top
Do check-in on this section regularly as we will constantly be updating it throughout the year!
How do I access and complete the Covid Activity Checklist? (Track and Trace Form)
The Covid Activity Checklist is available on your groups MS Team. This will act as your Track and Chase form, and has been approved by the local health board.
We would recommend downloading the MS Teams app onto your phone, that way you can easily access it when at your event and fill in everyones details.
Does the SU provide PPE/sanitising products?
University campus facilities have sanitising stations throughout, it only tends to be when going off campus you will need to obtain sanitising products. We are not able to supply PPE/sanitising products so please use your club/soc funds to purchase these where you feel necessary/as per your risk assessments. Do see the COVID committee training for information around products that are effective against covid.
How do I obtain a temperature gun?
We are hiring out temeprature guns if you require them as per your NGB. They are also avaialble to groups who want to use it as an additional safety measure. They are availble from the SU Reception on a 24hr loan max, you can also book in advance by emailing email@example.com.
Do I still need to complete other union processes that are not COVID related? (e.g. trip registration form, external/event speaker notification, non-covid risk assessments, ect.)
Please do remember about the non-covid procedures in place. These still need to be completed as they are in place to keep yourselves and your memebrs safe!
Back to the top