We’re delighted to share some big announcements for the year ahead.
Even pre-COVID we know that wellbeing has always been an important issue for students; it’s why our strategy which guides the work of the Students’ Union promises that we will support you to be happy and healthy.
Already this year we’ve…
- Begun participating in Student Minds SUs programme to develop our work on mental health.
- Refocused RAG (Raising and Giving) so that monies raised go towards activities and projects to support wellbeing.
- Research the impact of COVID, which has led to providing isolation packs and developing a new coaching service for students.
- Worked with the University to shape its Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy.
In addition, we're now able to share not one, but three, new projects that will be launched in the new year…
- The first is a new Wellbeing Ideas Fund offering up to £1,000 to support ideas that have a positive impact on student wellbeing. Selected ideas will receive support from Union staff to bring your ideas to life.
- The second are new weekly Brew and Chat sessions; starting 2-3pm Tuesday 19th January, these sessions are aimed at students who want to meet new people and chat about a range of topics.
- Finally, we’re announcing new weekly Wellbeing Drop-ins, starting 1-3pm Wednesday 20th January. Whether you are keen to find out how to access support or you simply need someone to talk to about how you're feeling and what your options are, in a friendly and confidential space with one of our advisors, this is the session for you.
We’ll be sharing more about each of these new projects in the weeks ahead on social media and in our weekly email; alternatively click the links above for more information on each.