Welcome to Aberystwyth’s only Sailing Club! Join us in getting out on the open water and making another year’s worth of memories!
First of all, we pride ourselves on being one of the most, if not the most affordable university sailing club in the UK.
We warmly welcome both sailors and non-sailors of all abilities. You have access to our fleet of Laser 2 dinghies, as well as our selection of wetsuits and buoyancy aids to keep you safe at sea.
If you aren’t into the physical aspect of sailing not to worry, we host many barbecues on South Beach, as well as other social events aside from our (arguably the best) weekly themed Wednesday night socials!
Reasons to Join Us
- AUSC are inclusive and down-to-earth
- You don’t need to own a boat or have ever sailed to join us
- Arguably the best socials in Aber!
- Bi-annual sailing trips to Bala
- Chance to compete in team racing events nationally such as Varsity and the Swansea Spartan
- Progression: we can help with internationally recognised RYA qualifications
Our membership costs are listed above - we pride ourselves on our affordability and accessibility for anyone and everyone who wishes to join us.
We sail most weekends (weather providing). Our socials tend to start at Scholars from 8:30pm, however weekly updates will be on our facebook page. We also hold sailing in theory sessions on a Thursday over a pint so you can meet us in a more casual setting and learn about all things sailing.
If you see one of us in our AUSC club kit then feel free to stop us if you have any queries!
Our bi-annual trip to Bala lake in Snowdonia National Park is definitely not one to miss. Think camping next to one of the best lakes in Wales, evenings (and early mornings) spent in a cosy pub and lots of sailing! (The photo above is from our spring Bala trip).
We compete in a variety of competitions across the UK such as Varsity against our main rivals, Bangor University. Each year we also participate in the Swansea Spartan, a team racing event that allows us to meet other university sailing clubs and spend a weekend sailing and socialising.
Extra Things to Interest You
- Even if you have no desire to actually sail, you’re more than welcome to come along to socials, BBQs, movie nights, and any of the other exciting activities we have planned for this year!
- We are also participating in The Green Blue University Sailing Sustainability Challenge 2019/20, a competition amongst university sailing clubs to encourage us to take action to make our sport more environmentally sustainable.
If you have any questions about the club feel free to email our Commodore Andrew Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Vice Commodore Lucia Paone-Michael Lup23@aber.ac.uk.
Commodore - Andrew Mitchel Anm79@aber.ac.uk
Vice Commodore - Lucia Paone-Michael Lup23@aber.ac.uk
Treasurer - Zoe Jenkins Zej3@aber.ac.uk
Race Captains - Steadman ReGester Str31@aber.ac.uk
Social Secretary - David Williams Das69@aber.ac.uk
Bosun - Will Matthews - Wim15@aber.ac.uk
Oes gennech chi unrhyw gwestiwn amdan y clwb, teimlo’n rhydd i anfon e-bost i ein fôr-lywydd, Andrew Mitchell email@example.com, neu ein is-fôr-lywydd, Lucia Paone-Michael Lup23@aber.ac.uk.
Code of Conduct