FREE WELSH LESSONS HERE!
What is UMCA?
Aberystwyth’s Welsh Students’ Union
2018-19 President - Anna Wyn.
- A union which enables you to learn and socialise through the medium of Welsh.
- It was founded in 1973 to protect the rights and interests of Welsh-speaking students at the University and to campaign in their favour.
- The Union's hub and office are at Pantycelyn Hall so that members can get hold of the President at any time. However while the Hall is being renovated, the President is mostly based in Penbryn or the Union!
- Over the last few years, we have ensured the University and Students' Union has a bilingualism policy, meaning the Students' Union and University produce everything bilingually and that they give equal status to the Welsh language so that it's a part of the lives of every Aberystwyth student. In addition, we provide free Welsh lessons for learners and communicate with students of other countries about the Welsh language.
- This year, we are proud to announce that UMCA membership is free of charge again. Free membership will be offered to students who have sat a Welsh GCSE (First Language). These students will need to sign up to be a member of UMCA. They may unsubscribe at any time and UMCA will be responsible for keeping records of the membership.
- Your years as a student are all about enjoying and making lasting memories, and UMCA ensures its members' satisfaction year after year by offering a huge range of entertainment, such as trips around the Aberystwyth area to hold occasional gigs.
Contact email@example.com or come and see me in my office at Penbryn or in the Union.
Twitter Facebook Instagram umcaber