Superteams, undoubtedly the most action pact weekend of Team Aber’s sporting calendar is dawning upon us! If you don’t know, Superteams is THE must attend event of the year. Hosted by the Students’ Union, students organise themselves into teams of 10 and compete in a huge variety of activities and sports across the weekend. Prepare yourselves for banter, sweat onion tears and a lot of mud! With events ranging from basketball to bleep test, football to obstacle courses, this weekend is most certainly not for the faint hearted. It is also an opportunity for those who aren’t involved with sports clubs to demonstrate their athletic abilities. Perhaps even get scouted! The only requirements are that you must be a current student at Aberystwyth University, and you must be prepared to do anything for your team … No pressure. #Superteams17
Interested? Here’s some key information:
- Superteams 2017 will take place from Friday 24th February to Sunday 26th February (Women's) & Friday 3rd March to Sunday 5th March (Men's).
- Cost of entry is £150
- Teams will consist of 10 members (no more, no less)
- Each competitor will receive #Superteams17 stash (t-shirt) and free entry to the ‘Superteams Aftermath’
- Points are awarded to teams according to what position they finish in each event
- There are 11 events in total including the ‘Mystery Event’
- Each team will be required to ‘Joker’ one event (double their points) and ‘Drop’ one event (no points awarded)
- Teams cannot drop the ‘Mystery Event’ or the ‘Bleep Test’
- Register your Superteam via the students union webpage on 9am January 30th to avoid disappointment – last year these sold out within minutes so make sure you’ve prepared and have all of the information required first.
- There is a maximum of 28 women’s entries and 28 men’s entries
- If your registration is accepted, the #Superteams17 schedule and rules and regulations will be distributed a week before #Superteams17
- If you do not receive an email receipt confirming your purchase (please check junk folders) then you will need to contact us in order to confirm your booking.
- Items will be reserved in your basket for up to 15 minutes therefore if shown as ‘sold out‘, try again in a few minutes just in case someone has changed their mind.
- If you are not taking part in #Superteams17 but would like to lend a helping hand, please contact Jasmine on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are having problems purchasing your team space, please contact Lucie Gwillt on email@example.com or 01970 621754.