Welsh Culture Officer & UMCA President
“Tomos is the voice for Welsh culture & Welsh language students in Aberystwyth.”
This role focuses on promoting Welsh culture giving Aber students the opportunity to learn, speak and live the language.
Twitter: @WCUAberSU | E-mail: email@example.com
About the Role:
The Welsh Culture officer and UMCA President is responsible for:
- Ensuring adequate representation of Welsh culture and the Welsh language within the Students’ Union and ensure promotion of the bilingualism policy.
- Co-ordinating activity and campaigns relating to the interests of Welsh-speakers and learners.
- Representing the needs of members in Welsh-medium Halls of Residence.
- Ensuring that AberSU is kept aware of local and national issues affecting Welshspeaking students.
- Lobbying NUS to provide adequate Welsh cultural language representation.
- Working with the Chief Executive Officers and AUSU’s senior management team to achieve and shape strategic aims and outcomes.
- Attending appropriate University Committees.
- Attending regular meetings with relevant University departments to further the needs of Welsh-speakers and learners.