“Bruce is the public voice of the Students’ Union and Aberystwyth students."
This year, Bruce will focus on making the Union better for the future and making sure the student voice is heard.
Twitter: @UPAberSU | E-mail: email@example.com
I’m originally from Loughborough and studied Mathematics here at Aber.
I chose Aber due to the seaside views, plenty of pubs and I really enjoyed the open day talk with the lecturers; I felt that at this place I would enjoy my time studying.
For me this role is about giving something back to the student community that has done so much for me over my time studying here for the last three years.
I’m looking forward to developing the student community and experience in any way I possibly can. As well as getting as many of us students to get more actively engaged with our democracy in the SU, it has a huge effect of how your student experience is over your time studying here.
About the Role
The President is responsible for:
- Chairing the Board of Trustees and any relevant sub-groups where stated.
- Ensuring the Officer team regularly reviews key student issues and representational and political affairs in line with current membership.
- Ensuring all students are represented and not excluded from the AUSU.
- Developing and assessing the AUSU Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Chief Executive.
- Working with the Chief Executive Officers and AUSU’s senior management team to achieve and shape strategic aims and outcomes.
- Ensuring AUSU Members are represented on a national scale by coordinating dealings with NUS and NUS Wales.
- Positively promoting the work and objectives of AUSU by acting as the spokesperson of the Union to stakeholders and media.
- Attending appropriate University Committees.