“Dhan is the public voice of the Students’ Union and Aberystwyth students."
This year, Dhan will focus on making the Union better for the future and making sure the student voice is heard.
Twitter: @UPAberSU | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Role
The President is responsible for:
- Chairing the Board of Trustees and any relevant sub-groups where stated.
- Ensuring the Officer team regularly reviews key student issues and representational and political affairs in line with current membership.
- Ensuring all students are represented and not excluded from the AUSU.
- Developing and assessing the AUSU Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Chief Executive.
- Working with the Chief Executive Officers and AUSU’s senior management team to achieve and shape strategic aims and outcomes.
- Ensuring AUSU Members are represented on a national scale by coordinating dealings with NUS and NUS Wales.
- Positively promoting the work and objectives of AUSU by acting as the spokesperson of the Union to stakeholders and media.
- Attending appropriate University Committees.