“Meg is the student voice for all things academic”
Her role focuses on promoting our students’ academic interests.
Twitter: @AAAberSU | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello, I’m Meg your 2018/19 Academic Affairs Officer. I studied Business Management with International Politics. When I was looking at Universities to study at I didn’t have much choice as Aberystwyth was the only place that offered my course, however, I am so glad I came and studied in such a beautiful place for the last 3 years.
I am originally from a small town in Worcestershire, Bromsgrove, so when I moved to Aber it was big change as it is very different to what I am used to but I have really enjoyed it and have made some great friends that I know will be friends for life.
I am looking forward to meeting new people and working alongside some great staff and students.
About the Role
The Academic Affairs officer is be responsible for:
- Representing the student body on matters relating to academic affairs, including international and postgraduate students, and widening participation.
- Co-ordinating activity and campaigns relating to academic affairs.
- Informing policy within the University and Students’ Union on matters relating to academic affairs.
- Supporting and developing a network of academic representatives by chairing the Academic Zone.
- Working with the Chief Executive Officers and AUSU’s senior management team to achieve and shape strategic aims and outcomes.
- Attending appropriate University Committees.
- Attending regular meetings with relevant University departments to further the development of academic interests.