In just under three months, Aberystwyth Students’ Union will be hosting its 6th annual Student Led Teaching Awards. But more exciting than that is that nominations for this year’s awards are open!
This year the awards will be bigger and better than ever before, with 13 awards to give out this year ranging from Lecturer of the Year to Hyrwyddwr yr Iaith Gymraeg (Welsh Language Champion) and Personal Tutor of the Year to Department of the year. We have new awards which include Outstanding Feedback award, Innovative Teaching award and the Next Step award.
Nominations have now opened for the awards, and you can nominate on our website until the 12th March the categories this year are:
- Lecturer of the Year
- Support / Service Staff Member of the Year
- Academic Representative of the Year
- Supervisor of the Year - Postgraduate
- Supervisor of the Year - Undergraduate
- Department of the Year
- Hyrwyddwr yr Iaith Gymraeg (Welsh Language Champion)
- Postgraduate Teacher of the Year
- Innovative Teaching Award
- Personal Tutor of the Year
- Outstanding Feedback Award
- Next Step Award
- Leading Equality Award
On our website, you’ll also find the criteria that we will be using to judge the nominations.
Last year we had just over 500 nominations across 10 categories; English and Creative Writing won Department of the Year, and we recognised over 40 students and staff. This year we will be recognising over 50 students and staff; we want to smash our target of over 650 nominations, and who knows who is going to win Department of the Year this year ;) ;) ;) ;).